I love talking to new Dads.
To see their eyes light up when they talk about the baby is like watching a flower bloom. They are so full of pride and embrace their new role with ease. However, because this is all new and babies come without instructions; learning the ropes can be full of humor. Here are some of my favorite things from the mouths of new dads.
You Know You’re A New Dad When….
- You ask your wife what a nipple brush is.
- You want to know what the breast pump feels like, so you try it on.
- You go to the grocery store to get milk and come home with everything but the milk.
- You tell Grandma and Grandma they can come over whenever they want without asking your wife…Oops.
- When the baby cries in the middle of the night, you don’t hear a thing.
- You agree to take the baby night shift, but don’t tell you’re wife you’re a little nervous.
- You get excited when the baby lets out a loud burp.
- You wear gloves and start to gag when you change the baby’s poopy diaper.
- You don’t cover your baby’s privates when changing his diaper and he pees on your face.
- You remember all the words to the nursery rhymes your mother used to sing to you and sing them to your baby.
- You get cranky because your wife isn’t giving you enough attention.
- And lastly, you can’t stop looking at your wife and baby without getting the biggest grin you’ve ever had.
For more great tips, check out the other articles on this site, download a podcast or purchase a copy of my books. http://amzn.to/1zZENEQ